Thursday, February 9, 2012

Exciting things are in the works!

First off, I'd like to say, "Thank you!" to all of the people that have already started to communicate via Austin Eventing's facebook page! It has been thoroughly enjoyable watching people "like" the page and post comments. I am very excited to see the community reaching out to each other for a support network. I would also like to thank the existing eventing associations and dressage association for their continued support and information.  I also very much appreciate everyone's patience as this is a newly launched idea and went live before any of the infrastructure was in place.  Ha!  Talk about putting the cart before the horse!

The great part of having people interact with the Austin Eventing Facebook (hint hint) page is that the more feedback I get, the more streamlined I will make this blog!  For example, the newest addition to this blog is a calendar page!  Over the next few days, I will be combining the 2012 show, clinic, and schooling schedules of as many organizations as I can find.  My hope is that this calendar will be a one-stop-shop for Austin Eventers to check out what exciting events are up and coming!  Also, it should be integrated so that you will be able to import events straight to your own google calendar, if you should so choose.

This is a work in progress and although I have had quite a few cups of coffee, if there is something you would like to see addressed on this blog, and you don't see it yet- let me know!!

In the meantime, please start sharing your photos and videos on the facebook page!!  I have a ton of photos of my horse and of riders in the Mountain Region, but would love to see your fancy ponies here too!!  Post a photo, give and introduction, and don't be shy!!!  It's either that, or you will all be very familiar with my chestnut gelding!  Trust me, I'm sure he would love to be the only horse displayed here...

Also, if you know of any events (show related or otherwise) that you think would be fun to share, let me know and I will do my best to help get the word out!

As always, be safe and make sure to have extra carrots!  Ride on.

No comments:

Post a Comment